Tuesday, October 30, 2012

ZL in the MTC

SO. Elder Fisher and I have been called as the new Zone Leaders. What a responsibility!! I am so excited for the opportunity to love and get to know our zone, and to welcome in the new missionaries next week, but leadership is hard! It's hard when you care about people, and you know what's good for them, but they're not committed to being obedient. We're counseling and planning to help lift our zone and take them to a higher level. I know that the Lord wants that, so I have faith he'll help us out! Teaching in Chinese is going much better. As long as I do my part on preparing FOR people, not for myself, the Lord is at my side. That is one skill that I'd suggest the young men develop. Learning the doctrine of Christ with others in mind, not just yourself. I feel like my studies were for my own understanding. Which is good! But for missionary work, you need to learn how to look outwards, and learn how to seek out the needs of others, and find how the doctrine of Christ meets those needs. As you do so, the Lord can make more out of you than a natural human. That's why Joseph Smith was super human! His work wasn't his own, it was his Father's.

No comments:

Post a Comment