Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"Allelujah" -Being grateful

I really feel the blessings already that are coming from missionary service. It sounds like my family is being well watched over. Over here I am learning so much about being a good missionary. I want to be like the missionaries of the Book of Mormon. Alma and Ammon are such great examples to me, and I know that I have access to the same power, the same spirit of revelation that they needed during their ministry. Something really important that I learned a lot about this week is gratitude. How important for November? I watched Elder Nelson's address here from last Thanksgiving on Sunday, and it was just so inspiring. Hallel, means praise, and hallelujah means praise to Jehovah. Elder Nelson played "allelujah' by the men's motab while showing pictures of the Savior. It moved me.. It changed my heart. I owe him so much, and he was so great. Music has that profound influence of helping us recognize those things. He then talked about how he was able to do the impossible, open up Russia for missionary work! He gave thanks and dedicated the land in the perfect spot... It is not Joy that leads us to gratitude, but gratitude that leads us to joy. I am so grateful for you mom. I always have been, but we don't often take the time to express it. I know that it is your righteous example and faith in the Savior that raised me to where I am today. And I am exactly where I am supposed to be! the Lord confirms that to me everyday. Learning this language, loving people, it feels so right, and I feel so whole. I am so excited to welcome in new Chinese Elders tomorrow! Elder Fisher and I get to be their examples as zone leaders! I remember our first zone leaders just seemed untouchable, and now I am to be that example!

No comments:

Post a Comment