Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving week!

This week felt so LONG, and yet it has passed in the blink of an eye. Things started out slow, getting into the routine, but they are reaaally picking up! Dawn to Dusk, even on preparation day, we are busy! I am so grateful for it. I feel like things I've done in the past few months have qualified me to receive that blessing. I was worried that we wouldn't be able to do much missionary work because no one knew me yet! Sacrament meeting was awesome!! And I am so excited to get to every member of the branch. It's overwhelming right now because there's so many people at once, but their hearts are so put and I am just ecstatic to serve them and to work with them to build the kingdom. Thanksgiving was awesome!! We went to the former branch president's house for lunch, the family of the guy I met at the MTC, and then the branch president's house for dinner. Great food!! That wasn't even the best part though. Two weeks ago we had a baptism. On thanksgiving night, her husband told us he wanted to be baptized! He feels like it's the next step in coming closer to Christ and to God. He's been Buddhist for 40 years! Talk about miracles.. It's pretty set that he will be baptized on the 9th.. two days before I was originally going to get here! They are going back to China next month too.. So good thing this area didn't close! Elder Mclane's Chinese is sooo good! I don't know how he can understand! But he does. It's so difficult because everyone has a different accent depending on where they're from. But he always tells me, man man lai! Come slowly ;) Learning lots of patience with myself!
We also have two new investigators! One of them we were inspired to call on Saturday. It turned out, he was heading up to Baltimore the next day for School! He has no background with god, but we will teach him when he comes back for Christmas break. And then there was another lady who we got from other missionaries. We get so many referrals! It's awesome! I just hope we can keep up with it all! Tonight we're directing parking for ambassador night at the temple. I can't wait to see the 700,000 lights! We've been doing a lot of service for a taiwanese man in the branch. He has tons of projects for us! He has sooo much stuff in his backyard! Someone complained about it, and so he has an inspection tomorrow. We're going to do our very best to help.
We've also been visiting a lady in the hospital. She got a stomach hernia on Thanksgiving. Everyday we give her a spiritual thought to give her strength. It's so crazy really administering to real people's needs.. She is going to be baptized on the 8th of next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment