Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Run-In With Elder Russell M Nelson

I seriously cannot believe it's December already! But it truly feels like Christmas. I love the spirit of Christmas. Especially now. People are thinking about the Savior and what he taught. I think people are so much happier at this time of year because they unconsciously make an effort to be more like the Savior, just through the motions of the holidays. What a great blessing! People excercise charity, and love as they celebrate the birth of the Savior. We got to watch the Christmas devotional with an eternigator named Guillermo. I have such a strong desire to help those part member families. I can't imagine if a member of our family wasn't in this continual conversion process like we are. I am so grateful that you and Dad set the pattern and example for us to live the gospel and become more like Christ. Last Wednesday I got to do parking for a lot of ambassadors! Elder Nelson was there, and I just got a glimpse of him! That filled me with the spirit so much, I was content. Then the next day, the Assistants to the President had an investigator they wanted to take to our weekly basketball meeting, so we did an exchange. I got to go with an AP to do parking AGAIN! Super cold! But they let me do doors. And guess who walked in from the temple?? Elder Russell M Nelson! He shook my hand and looked me in the eyes and greeted me as Elder Lim! That was such a powerful experience. I know he is a special witness of Christ. I know he is a true servant. I just do. Amazing. The next day we took some nonmembers to the festival of lights performance. It was Jenny Oaks Baker, and it was so awesome! I LOVE this mission! We also did service for a nonmember Chinese! Which lead us to a contact for someone who taught English in China! So many miracles! We can't keep up with all these people to teach! We seriously need another set of missionaries. I got to get a lot closer to the Branch President too on Sunday. Last night, we got a call from the APs, they said that I would be interviewed by Elder Packer of the 70 next wednesday before the mission tour! Crazy Right?? I can't believe all the things that are happening to me. How great is God? I love teaching, even though I am super struggling to communicate, I just keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment