Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Representing Christ on Christmas

This week was AMAZING! I express to you how special Christmas was to me. I have never felt so close to my savior, who gave everything. The reason we celebrate Christmas, the purpose of His life, is my purpose. The purpose of my every action and every exertion. It brings me so much happiness! Just trying to do what he did, being imperfect, is such a journey! It's more fulfilling than anything I've yet done in my life. I feel closer to Him than ever, and Christmas isn't about much more than that. I feel like the family is a catalyst to feel that love. We have people that we are so closely related to, that we are more willing to be Christlike for them. To give and to love. To have patience and long suffering for. That is such a beautiful thing, and I appreciate my family, and the opportunity to have a family of my own someday all the more. So on Monday we taught a 23 year old girl who just came to the US this year. Her father is an inactive member, and she goes to college at MC. She first met with the elders a couple months ago when a member of the presidency brought her to the branch. They scared her with things they taught her about and so she backed off. But she continued to attend church weekly. Last month she started meeting with the missionaries again and said she wanted to be baptized and serve a mission. Then she told them she was too busy to meet until after her finals on the 19th. So I got to first meet with her last week. This week, we extended the invitation to be baptized the 19th, but she wants to do it the 12th! And she wants to be taught all the lessons this week! So she is progressing really fast. Also that other girl I told you about on the phone wants to be baptized soon as well. We are building great relationships with members and less actives. I'm starting to get to know everyone! I'm excited for the Elder at met at the MTC to come next week, and hope that we all stay here in a trio! I would be soooo lost without Elder Mclane.
It snowed a lot this morning! And then RAINED, as we went to DC.. So I got to go to the city and check out the American history museum. Not a lot of pictures though.. It was raining so hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment