Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Buddhist to disciple of Christ

I'm excited for Christmas! We have a mission conference and we get to watch a disney movie in the VC! The baptism this week was truly was a miracle. A famous finger painter from China, in the US on a green-card to teach art, and then not teaching because he doesn't know any English, CRAZY! We've been using the beginning of second nephi to teach a lot of Chinese people. You come from China, we come from the US West coast, yet here we are in the nations capitol, and America. They do not disagree that it is not by chance. It's not chance that I started my mission when I did! Elder Mclane was the last Elder with the same mission call as me. It's been 17 months! It's just us two, covering the whole mission. We got 9 new investigators last week, and there are so many people, so many families that we want to bring unto Christ. The most humbling experience of my life was watching an 83 year old man enter the waters of baptism.. It was so difficult. The water wasn't so warm, and he can barely walk.. yet he was immersed, and went from being a buddhist for 40 years, to being a disciple of Christ. What faith that takes.. It definitely strengthened mine. I am so excited for Ray to come join the ranks. There are so many miracles he has yet to behold. Tell him that I love him, and that he has no idea how excited I am for him. Just as Elder Anderson told me, tell him not to waste a minute. Just as Elder Brazil told me, tell him not to lose his amazing personality. And to add to that, tell him to let true love guide his every action. He will see people in every circumstance, active, inactive, nonmember, newmember. They all need his love to get to know their savior's love. Even in the MTC ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment