Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome Elder He and 2013

Elder He has arrived! Transfer meeting this morning was really cool, and I finally am starting to feel like I'm a real missionary ;) So Elder He is from San Fransisco. He came from China, near Hong Kong 2 years ago and is the only member of his family that decided to be baptized. He is turning 26 on Sunday! There is never a moment when he isn't smiling, he is so happy to be here. I feel bad for Elder Mclane having to finish my training and start his at the same time, but he can handle it. On New Years Eve we went to the VC where a GuZhang  society was playing. I have never seen it played before! Super cool instrument. There were tons of Chinese people so we found a few potentials. We had 7 investigators at Sacrament on Sunday! The people we're working with are progressing and building faith, and I feel like with Elder He, we have all the more potential to do great things. I really feel so much determination to put everything I have into working with these people and helping them increase their faith and develop their relationship with God. People in our branch are very migratory, but we'll just keep working at who is here! A lot of key active members are moving away in the next 6 months so the whole dynamic of the branch is about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment