Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Inauguration to city life

It really has been quite a shock! The work has an entirely different dynamic here. I like having a confined space where I am assigned to minister as a representative of Jesus Christ. I've experienced a whole new level of opposition, but also a whole new level of openness to the gospel. Everyone knows who God and Christ are! The difference is showing them how our message can give them access to all that Heavenly Father has prepared for them. There's more happiness than just embracing Jesus! There is eternal peace and lasting joy that comes from becoming a true disciple of Christ and building His kingdom. I've met some truly awesome people, and I feel so loved already. So you see how DC is a big diamond? My area is the Northern most tip of all of DC. It is legitimately city! It's not ghetto at all though. That's down in Anacostia! But I wouldn't be surprised if I serve there at one point ;) I've accepted that Heavenly Father has a plan, and I can't even begin to predict it! My companion is the best! He is hardworking, bold, and soo funny! I can't believe I wouldn't have gotten the chance to serve with him. I've gotten all the things I need to do the rough missionary work. I probably have to get more durable shoes at one point, because the ones I got at the thrift store have their soles kind of ripping already. I only crashed ones! But my gymnast instincts kicked in and I ended up on my feet! I just messed my shoes up a bit and scraped one of my blue suit slacks! Too much fun! This weekend is inauguration, but we don't get to go. The mall looks sweet! We've gone there every preparation day so far. We went to the holocaust museum today.. Wow. I can't even believe it. This area is literally the coolest in the nation though!

No comments:

Post a Comment