Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halfway through the MTC

Things over here are pounding through! We are approaching the halfway week, and it feels like I just got here! Sometimes it feels as though I've been here forever, then I realize it's been a month this week! I feel the 24 months burning away already! There is not enough time to prepare myself to teach these people in this very different language! But I have really grown to trust and depend on the Lord to help me in that aspect. This last saturday at the TRC, where we teach people real lessons, I met a man from my mission! He invited me over for dinner on Christmas! I wish I asked him more about the branch there and about the progress of the work and the area, but I could hardly understand anything! They speak so fast! My teachers are amazing though. I struggled at first here, because there is so much to learn to know how to prepare well for all the tasks that need to be done as a missionary, but practice has helped me really to get them down. My district is doing very well though. Elder Everett is now district leader and doing a great job! We're learning together and keeping our time and living spaces in order. Other Elders struggle with that a lot! I am so excited to get out into the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment