Monday, October 15, 2012

Visit from Elder Bednar

This week has been so special. Tuesday night, our fireside was graced by the presence of David A Bednar! He is such an amazing servant of the Lord! He taught how we can implement the powerful words of the apostles into our lives. Tomorrow begins week 4! I cannot believe it! So much is happening and my learning is being enhanced by the Lord. I know that my whole life has been blessed, my mind and body, to qualify me for what he needs me to do. I feel him sharpening my mind where it lacks. I am so reliant on him! I need him by my side to learn this language, because it's so different! But Elder Fisher and I are thoroughly enjoying the journey. Miracles are happening in our learning everyday! There are times when it's difficult to work out teaching plans, but through the spirit, we become unified. I didn't realized what an emphasis there would be on learning to teach. I am so grateful for all the practice and preparation I got before my mission. I can't imagine having to completely learn that and Chinese! The Lord needs a full bucket to draw from. It's so essential for young men to qualify to be the missionaries that Elder Nelson speaks of. The ones that can answer any question of life. It is such an honor to be part of this work! The Lord is truly hastening it. More than ever in the history of the world, and I feel so much confidence on his side!

No comments:

Post a Comment