Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Week of My Mission!

     The missionary TRAINING center is literally that. All I could think of is how Scott Self had already gone through all this, but when I got to my district, all anyone would speak is Mandarin! It was so frustrating, and I wished that I could've taken more classes! But I started to catch on to everything I could. It's an immersion program, and I guess that's the only way possible to learn in 3 months! I thought it would be forever, until we tried to teach our first lesson. Me and my companion only had a day and a half of study, and we had to teach a guy who only spoke Chinese! We weren't actually able to teach him anything... or barely carry out a conversation. It was really motivating to increase my efforts. But my district is very unified. We are all focused on the purpose of being missionaries, and are doing all we can to prepare to teach. Everyone tells us that the language will come though, which is comforting. They said we should focus on our teaching ability, and the Lord would help us with the rest. I have complete faith in that. I cannot learn chinese in these months, but the Lord can, and it's his will, so I will do it. I got to go to the Provo temple for the first time! It was HUGE, and so busy! It's hard to get used to all these new things at the MTC, but I'm bearing through it, and looking forward to taking full advantage of every minute of these two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment