Monday, October 20, 2014

Glorious

     I have seen so many miracles this week, the hand of the Lord is working all around us! Last night the mission filled the Temple Visitor Center for the "Why I Believe," fireside. So many of my good friends participated in the program. Matt Josephs a recent convert in the White Plains 2nd ward shared his conversion story and his testimony. On the ride up, he let us read what he had prepared. His words were so deep and genuine, I knew it would be powerful. Despite how nervous he was to address over 500 people, a few lines into his testimony he closed his paper, and began to offer what was in his heart. That was such an epic moment! Watching someone new to the church and to the gospel taking that leap of faith to rely upon the Lord and the spirit in front of so many people. The keynote speakers were Randy and Meredith Casto from the Lexington Park ward. Since I served in the Patuxent Ward I didn't get to spend as much time with them, but I have so much respect and admiration for their faith and testimonies. Imagine changing from a lifetime devotion to a familiar denomination. Even though I didn't spend much time with them, they walked up to me and greeted me as if we were close friends. I love the way the gospel plants relationships of love even with people we hardly know.
     The Lord has led us to so many prepared people! Last transfer the Elders met this man walking his two kids in a stroller, and expressed a willingness to have us into his home to learn more. On Tuesday evening we were able to teach him, his wife, and their 12 year old daughter about the restoration of the gospel. They were so open to the principles we taught. At the end, the daughter got her guitar and played us a song! They intended to perform at the ward activity on Saturday, but the mother went into labor with their next child. On Saturday we met another amazing person in La Plata. She was out walking her kids when we met her and started talking about prophets. Her 3 little boys are adorable! And they came with us to the ward activity. She will start preparing for baptism after she has her 4th child. I can hardly believe all the amazing things that are happening, I can't imagine if this month was not a part of my mission. I'm so excited for the next half year to serve the Lord, there is no greater glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment