Monday, June 2, 2014

Consecrated

        Not going to lie, having a door slammed in my face gets me fired up. Having them open it again to slam it a second time, now that is just life changing. I've had some hard days this past week, but I don't see it as something that really harms me. In a lesson with one of the women that we are teaching, we invited her to read the Book of Mormon, and a single scripture stuck out to her. This scripture speaks to me as well. "John, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain." (2 Nephi 2:2) When I pray or study the scriptures is the only time I even remember I have a first name, or Skype my family.. Anyways! This lady did not know what the word consecrate means. To me it means that it is drawn out or selected from amongst common things. 
       Afflictions are a common thing. In this life we face them every other hour in every single day, but when we rely upon The Lord, they are drawn out and become learning experiences for our gain. I feel more determined than ever to talk to more people. There is nothing to fear about being socially bold! That is a necessity for people to have opportunities to learn about the gospel. Facing rejection is a hard thing, but when we take that step of faith to make an invitation to learn more, we are really relying upon The Lord and that rejection we face becomes a consecrated part of our life. I invite you to be bolder in helping others and reaching out to them with your words and invitations; it will bring you great joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment