Monday, May 26, 2014

SERVant

        Shout out to Charter Construction and Taylor Toutai for teaching me how to use a jackhammer! Surprisingly enough, it actually became a useful skill for my mission. In my personal studies I came across a line in the bible that really struck me. "Now after the death of Moses the servant..." (Joshua 1:1) When all was said and done, after the mighty works and wonders that were wrought at the hands of Moses, after he had played the role of leader and minister for 40 years of hundreds of thousands, his final title was that of servant. That really made me think hard about what I am striving to become.
        When we see others with prominence or recognition, how often do we desire to be recognized for our deeds, and granted a title of honor? But in reality, the greatest honor we can obtain is to be of service to another. Do we take time every day to play that role? In the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we are given great opportunities to sacrifice our time in the service of god and our fellow man. This past week we met a young man that has had such a rough past. He got so involved in substance abuse that when he tried to leave it because it was killing him, it left such a big hole that he is struggling to pick himself up from it. I was so glad to be able to testify of the transforming and healing power of the atonement through the gospel of Christ. I had to obtain that testimony through difficult experiences, but I was glad to be able to serve him by sharing that knowledge and hope with him. This week try finding a special opportunity to serve someone. I love serving The Lord, and I love personally serving the people around me. It brings me the greatest joy and fulfillment.

No comments:

Post a Comment