Monday, January 6, 2014

2014, Year of the Horse!

And boy do I plan on working like one! I was so tired on New Years Eve that I fell asleep at 10:30 just like I was supposed to. We spent the evening at the Washington DC Temple Visitor's center as there was a special Chinese Dance event. So many Chinese people showed up for the outstanding performance. I didn't actually watch it.. Because I was talking to people about the gospel! It was so invigorating, and so exhausting! We met this super nice couple from Jinan that actually study religions. They have not yet had exposure to the Mormon church, and were really interested to know more about our history and beliefs. We got to meet with them as recently as yesterday and share with them our message of the restoration. I felt like it was more of an interview, because they had a lot of questions about the operations of the church. No matter how we testified and invited, it just didn't set in as something that could really help and change their life. I hope a majority of the rising generation in China has a real desire to come closer to God, and to discover the true purpose of their lives. I'll be training a new missionary born and raised in China starting this next week! I am excited to introduce him to the wondrous work going on here at the MCB! 

No comments:

Post a Comment