Monday, January 20, 2014

Surprise visitors and blessings

Before sacrament meeting started this week, this Sister walked in and it struck something in my memory. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time and we just stared at each other for a minute, then it clicked! She was one of my substitute teachers in the missionary training center from 18 months ago! She came to visit one of the members of the branch who was a member of her home ward in Hong Kong previously. Elder Wang also knew her parents from their service as senior missionaries in the Hong Kong Temple. It must have been so good to see someone from China! Later that day we checked on an investigator, and she wasn't home.. Not something rare.. And we were sitting in the car trying to figure out what we should do, when she pulled up! Miracle! But it doesn't end there. We jumped out of the car to go talk to her, and we ran into this elderly lady from Hong Kong, and so I started talking to her. She barely spoke mandarin, so I had to guess a lot of what she was saying, but she understood everything I said and expressed interest in meeting with us! By the time we got to catching the investigator again, she had walked away with a friend! It's so strange how things work that way sometime, but I always see the Lord's hand in it. We finally started an English class this week! We have a senior missionary named Sister Divine helping us in the effort, and she is such a great teacher and friend! We're looking forward to helping lots of people learn English!
One of my teachers from the MTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment