Monday, January 27, 2014

It gets colder, we get bolder

I didn't expect winter to hit so hard again! It snows here almost as much as it rains in Seattle ;) But it's not slowing us down! We finally have an investigator really preparing to be baptized! We are so excited for this gift and miracle that we get to be a part of. Yesterday in our adult church meeting, I testified of how our work is truly to help others receive the blessings of the gospel. It's not about how many lessons we can teach or how many people we lead to baptism. It IS all about the blessings that I get to experience, and help others receive because of my work here. Also, a lot of Chinese people are super busy right now because of the upcoming celebration of Chinese New Year this Saturday. Today while we were shopping for food, my companions and I were comparing how often our family would shop for groceries at home. My family goes costco shopping once a month. My mom loads up two shopping carts and we're set for at least 3 weeks! Elder Gerber-Kai said they'd go shopping at least once a week. Elder Wang says they shopped every single day! Maybe that's why these people are so busy! I'd never have time for anything if I had to shop every single day. Though it is always freezing outside, and most people are too busy to talk with us, the Chinese Elders are burning with faith and desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment