Monday, December 9, 2013

Snowed in!!

Don't let it snow!! Because then we can't have church! This picture is just the beginning of a snowfall that turned out to be 3 inches! We were confined to our apartment and couldn't make it to church where the children were going to give a special musical performance. Sometimes I don't understand how these crazy things happen! Doesn't God know that we need to go to church?? Doesn't he have control over the weather?? In any case, I trust that He knows better than I do! We got to spend the evening riding around with our branch president in his SUV shoveling driveways! :D This week we met an especially sincere young man. The English missionaries knocked on his door, and met his chinese speaking grandfather. He called the young man over to come "deal with it!" Luckily, this young man is at a very important time of decisions in his life, and accepted the opportunity to meet with us. He's been in America for 7 years now, and was just blessed with several amazing educational opportunities. I know that God is showing him that He is there for him, and that He wants to bless him through these great blessings. And that is the message I shared as I stood on a chair, and read the proclamation of the Savior's birth by Samuel the Lamanite at a dinner with our branch members. The Lord wants to bless us through coming unto His son, even Jesus Christ. He's given us this special time of year, to do things that Jesus Christ would do. Visit the lonely, the sick and afflicted, give gifts to our brothers and sisters and sing praises to God together. That is pure religion. That is what will make us happy. I am so completely happy that I have a chance to represent Jesus Christ. To say what He would say, to do what he wants done. To be a living modern witness of the divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work. I love my calling! May you find purpose and blessings in this special time of year. -Elder John H Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment