Monday, November 25, 2013

越來越冷,越來越光亮

It gets pretty cold in Renton during the winter, but not like here! The weather is soo cold! And unfortunately along with that, the work that I've been doing is cooling down too. Perhaps that is why we need the holidays, because otherwise people would just put their heads down and push through the more difficult times. The one glimmer of hope was the voices of an adult and children's choir from Virginia that performed at the Washington DC Temple visitor's center. Hundreds of Chinese families came to enjoy an evening of Chinese and American cultural music. I've never spoken to so many Chinese people in one setting in my life before! Music brings people together, just like the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are all seeking out the best things! Things in life that will calm us, bring solace to our souls and joy to our hearts. We don't find those things when we are alone. We find them in families, we find them in God, our Heavenly Father. At the end of the evening I walked out of the visitor's center with my three Chinese speaking missionary associates to discover the first snowfall of the year! As cold as it may be, there is light to be found. May we ever find that light, and may God give me opportunity to bring His light into the lives of others. -Elder Lim
At least I'm not THAT cold! The sun still shines on them (:

No comments:

Post a Comment