Monday, November 11, 2013

家譜活動



Could your 爺爺的爸爸 ever imagined you? And all the people he will have influenced by the goodness or the mistakes of his life?? It's so interesting!!! Family History is amazing. The Montgomery Chinese Branch knows how to start! I am so happy that members of the Chinese community from every kind of Chinese background got to spend an evening to appreciate the value of knowing about our ancestors, and learn how to preserve their memory for generations to come. I believe that those whom we love so dearly in this life can also be redeemed in the life to come. Such is the power and influence of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I love representing him as an ambassador of both sides of the veil. It is so worth the effort to get into researching your ancestors. I myself am converted to the importance and excitement of family history! It can definitely be difficult, especially for the Chinese people, but it is ever so worth it!! Our sights are now upon a regular English class to serve the Chinese community here.
I had one of the most interesting teaching experiences of my life last night! We've had this member referral for quite some time that has never had time to meet with us. Last night Elder He and I had a strong impression to go and invite him to the festival next month. He straightway invited us in and made fun of the fact that we were so ecstatic! He assumed that not many people let us in, and we told him it was true unfortunately. He has the most interesting religious background. He has sought the truth diligently his whole life. He knows the entire history of Christianity in China, and the resulting churches in America. That intrigued me so greatly! He then asked to receive the message that we bear. And so Elder He and I taught him the restoration of the fulness of the gospel! He is such a great teacher, and I was able to bear my witness in this man's native tongue. That is the greatest joy and gift to me! To speak to a man in the language that he was raised to speak. He sincerely took the invitation to read the book of mormon and to ask God in the name of Jesus Christ if it is scripture! I know that if he does, God will surely answer him. Because God loves us. He truly does. I've felt it and seen it time and time again. And this man lives right down the street from our chapel! It's God's will (: I love my job! -Elder Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment