Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October beginnings

I cannot believe that one year ago I was in the middle of my MTC experience?? Preparing mentally, spiritually, linguistically, to come to this very place, where I now work and serve. Today marks the beginning of a new transfer, with just Elder Wenfa He and me! I knew such a day would come almost 10 months ago! He has grown so much. When he first entered the field, he had only been a member for 2 years! All that he knew to tell people was to follow the example of Jesus Christ. When I would talk to him about his personal testimony of why people should do that, he had no answer! Now, he is a converted disciple of Jesus Christ, and the most wonderful teacher. He has rich experiences that relate so well to the people we work with. He knows what it is like to live a hard life.. He knows what it's like to be unsure about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints, as we all do. But now, he truly knows what Christ has done for him. He knows the difference of the life of a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that he has learned so much, and I am very much looking forward to serving with him these next few weeks. Elder Ng is now serving on bike in Kensington, right down the street from the temple, WITH ELDER SYNELNIKOV! How crazy is that??? Elder Synelnikov is the district leader down there. This week I've been working really hard to create a vision for myself. Both of the kind of person/missionary I want to become and every way I can help the branch continue to progress to a zion like people! I know that through the atonement, the grace of my savior, all things are possible. I've seen and felt him change me. I know that he can do the same for all the people of this area. We're going to start working a lot more in the University of Maryland! Young people and families are so prepared to receive the fulness of the gospel. Right now, we don't have anyone progressing to baptism, but we continue to work as hard as we can! I feel content and successful with my effort level :) I got the 'diligence' award in my district for the transfer! Remember to read the Book of Mormon daily, and to invite all to come closer to the Savior, who stands ready to receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment