Monday, October 28, 2013

心的变化 Hearts can be changed



In the beginning of Alma's ministry to the main body of his people (Alma 5:12), he speaks of his father. Even in the grossest iniquity, Alma the older was able to see the light of the gospel, and then and there decide to change. In that decision, he exercised faith. The instant that he began to exercise his faith, his heart began to change. What does that mean? Is it literal? Is it permanent? This was the most important moment of his life! And so I ask myself, how can I help others have this same change of heart? How can I change my heart? The answer is simple, and yet difficult. We of ourselves do not have power to change others, nor ourselves even! Our desires and appetites are natural to our human state. However, there is power to overcome all these and live better. There is a way to access that power. The power is the atonement of Jesus Christ. The way to access it is the fullness of His gospel. I am so excited to share this message with every person that I meet here in Maryland/DC! We made this new friend that is currently living with a member. We talked to him about the sacrament after a meal with one of the members of the branch. It gave him the desire to come to church on Sunday! He came and I sat with him and he had a great experience! He made new friends, and he learned of the gospel. Exactly why we need to go to church every week! It's funny, one day he was out on a walk, and he discovered a bunch of young men shooting potato guns. They invited him to join in and he shot one! It turns out, that was our branch's young men's organization! He already had made friends with mormons and he didn't even know it! We drove over 100 miles on saturday to get to appointments and to help cantonese members teach those investigators from guang zhou. Again, I had no idea what was being said... But I think they talked about prayer (: He is still unwilling to pray! But I know that his heart can change, just like Alma's, and every one of us. I hope we each can continually become able to do more good, as our hearts turn to Christ. I hope to be able to share many miracles, of changing hearts on this blog -Elder Lim

No comments:

Post a Comment