Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Eyes on the Temple, testimony in the Book of Mormon

     What a great week! I had the most amazing trip to the temple today. I love the temple so much, and I am so grateful that I have one so close in my mission. I could conceivably bike there! Our roommates didn't join us today, and I just thought what a shame that is! A temple so close, and we only get one chance a transfer, and they stayed home! But the work is really tiring, and so it's kind of understandable.. It just recharged my soul. I felt so close to Heavenly Father the whole time, I just didn't want it to end nor to leave! President and Sister Matsumori were there. I have been feeling so much love and support from them lately. I had an awesome experience at zone training. I gave the spiritual thought, and shared how relevant the end of President Monson's priesthood talk is like directly to me. It talks about missionaries today and it even quotes our mission scripture! But I felt like I didn't leave everyone with an increased desire to do something more, so I was kind of mulling over what I could do better. After the first workshop, President had to leave, so he went to the back to get is stuff. As I was kind of beating myself up wishing I could speak my heart better, I felt a hand on my back, and I heard president tell me good job, as he briskly left the meeting. I was filled with the spirit, and I knew that was an inspired action. That comforted me so much, and he even mentioned it again in the Temple today. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father called such a great man to be my President, I know he is called of God. And I know this is exactly the mission I was supposed to go to! Which reaffirms my testimony of the Prophet.
     Yesterday just felt so awesome. As I'm getting more and more practice approaching people, my faith and confidence are increasing. People actually stop to listen, and then I pour my heart out about how true I know this message is, and how I know the Book of Mormon will change their lives. I don't want to leave this area! This is such a unique opportunity, truly a gift from Heavenly Father. He is definitely looking out for me and providing me with so many blessings!
       So when I came to the area, one of the first things I did was get the area book super straightened out. It has everyone we're working with all sorted into their appropriate stages, particularly the less actives and the returning members. There's this brother, who was baptized 3 years ago, who is only considered less active because he has to work some sundays. He is such a cool guy! He got a brain tumor several years ago, and is just the sweetest spirit, he loves to laugh. I noticed that no one had marked that he had received the priesthood, which is supposed to happen soon after baptism. Someone neglected that! So we asked him about it, and he said he hadn't received it! So we taught him about the priesthood, and worked with the bishop, and he's going to be ordained on sunday! Last night at FHE I was talking to him about it, and he asked me if I would ordain him.. That touched me so deeply. I love him and I'm so excited for him to be making this progression, and I'm honored that he would choose me, who has only known him for a short time..
     The weather definitely affects the work! There is a difference between talking to people in the cold and in the warm! We have so much more success on warmer days, so I pray for those! I'm glad that President Anderson is reemphasizing the book of mormon. That will truly make a big difference, because the book of mormon does. It makes all the difference, and is truly a key to conversion. Imagine a whole stake converting together! Lasting conversion, something that the world and the adversary cannot shake. I am definitely experiencing the same thing over here. I spend most of my studies in the book of mormon, even for language study.
     
I don't know if I'll go back to Chinese! Whatever the case, I truly know that God will put me where he needs me. Wherever that is, he can count on me to do my very best. I like how you put acceptance and rejection. People must choose either one before that day, and it's better for me to offer it to them sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment