Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Best start to a new lunar year!


     
Isn't time just flying by?? That feeling kinda makes me more patient. It makes me feel like this really is just a small part of an eternal progression, that I can bear it well, and be happy now! And ohh how full my joy is. The New Years party was a huge success! We had so many people come, as well as the Virginia Chinese branch. I got to meet the Elders from there and get some ideas for finding. A lot of the people we're working with also came. It reminds me of how activities are really the most naturally effective tool for helping people join the church. Not only do we need to help them convert to the gospel, but they also need to be comfortable being a part of the Lord's people, and that is a reason that many are not active. We also got to do the Lion's dance, because not enough young men showed up! Elder He and I were the golden dragon. You can look at the pictures! I'm not sure if I gave you the blog site.. It's montgomerybranch.blogspot.com. There are also a lot of pictures of the baptism of Sarah. I told you a lot about her in our Christmas call. It's been so amazing to return and see how much she's grown. She gave a 25 minute talk in Sacrament meeting on conversion.. And it was awesome! She is so extraordinary and I feel so blessed to have seen her entire progression. During the service, brother foulger spoke, and I was just awestruck. Heavenly Father sent me here, to this specific place, to these people, with a purpose, and I really felt like I was fulfilling it. Her parents are so wealthy. They took us to a french restaurant on friday. That was the best tasting fish ever! At dinner, her mother who we've been working with for a long time, was defending god and the bible to her husband and his friend who do business in China. They were talking about being baptized and building a temple in China. That just blew my mind! Where else in the world would this be happening?! How lucky and blessed I am to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment