Monday, April 7, 2014

問題 和真理

     This week I had a question about the significance of knowing that the Book of Mormon is true. It seems like I am always inviting people to find the answer to this question, with very few of them successfully receiving an answer to it. If I am going to spend my time and effort to help them accomplish this quest for truth, there better be a good reason for it! I have always heard stories of people that watch the church's general conference with a question they want answered, and claim that without fail they receive an answer to that question if they humbly seek and listen for an answer. I have never put that to the test myself, but I thought this last weekend was a good chance to try. We all have questions. They come out of an innate desire for the truth. We want to know the way that things truly are and why they are that way. Some questions are easy to answer. Will the sun rise tomorrow morning? If I plant a seed will a plant grow? Of course! The truth is that the sun has risen every day of earth's existence and that plants grow from seeds. Other questions are so much more difficult to answer. What is the reason for my existence? Will I get to see the people I love after I die? Or even, why does it matter that I believe that some man that lived over 2000 years ago can help me to find the answer to these questions? I have questions too. That is why I listen to and study the words of prophets and apostles, men inspired to know the realities and truths of life.
     I listened to all 10 hours with a special attention, and it wasn't happening! Not until the very last talk did I find the answer that I was searching for. Elder Christofferson spoke about how the most important doctrine is that Christ was born, he died, and rose again on the third day. Every other truth is an appendage to that truth. I am not trying to help people to know that the Book of Mormon is just a good read. Or even that the stories are actual events In Human history. I am trying to help people know the reality of a living savior. With the manifestation that this book is true, comes the knowledge and testimony that Jesus Christ lives, and that his living restored gospel is true. That reality makes all the difference in this life and in the next life. In your pursuit to answer life's tough questions, turn to the source of truth. When you are lost, listen to the men with the vantage point. I know god answers prayers, because he cares about us personally. When I found my answer, I felt this powerful love that I can't describe, like he planned what was to be said just for me. The supreme being of the universe wants to help you learn! Seek out the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment