Monday, April 14, 2014

The Resurrection - Because of Him

     This Easter week I want to make a special dedication to Jesus Christ and His resurrection. I don't mean to dwell on my past, but it has become part of who I am, and why I have faith in Christ. This is the story of the Resurrection of Elder Lim.
    Journal Entry April 2013: "It pains me not to be a missionary. How deep my sorrow is... I feel so fractured, like I've lost everything. I want so bad to feel whole. Realizing the extent of the damage you have done is so painful. There is such little comfort for an anguished soul. Yet I remember that He was comfortless, He suffered an infinitely greater amount. He had to suffer for these things, and that depresses my heart. I cannot muster but a hope of redemption, it requires so much TRUST in Him."
     Journal Entry September 2013: "I am so ready to serve! To put my whole heart back into missionary work. I have tread the most difficult journey of my life, and I can't help but praise my God, and acknowledge what a blessing every small part of my life has been, because I have chosen to follow Jesus Christ to the fullest extent. We can choose to make all hard and unfair things a blessing if we choose to let Him change us. I have seen the power and greatness of the evidence of the reality of the living Savior. I have felt the power of the atonement, I know it is real! The most bitter regret has transformed into the sweetest joy, the greatest victory."
     The contrast in my feelings and impressions between these two moments in time are a testimony and reminder to me, that Christ truly saved me. I was in a deep dark hole that I had dug myself into, and He lifted me out! He brushed me off, and sent me back out. What can I do but desire the same blessings for every person on the face of this Earth?! I was sitting in church yesterday, and it dawned on me. Christ is living right this Easter week. He has become almighty, all powerful, exalted, and perfected. That gives me so much hope that such a being, who knows me personally, exists and is in charge. There is no need to fear as the children of Israel did when they first came to the promised land. Even though the world is falling apart, morals are crashing down, and souls rebelling against God, there is hope! He will have the ultimate victory, and so will we if we stand with Him in these latter days.



No comments:

Post a Comment