Monday, November 17, 2014

Faith in our Redeemer

 This week our mission had a visit from Elder Larry Kacher of the 70, to help lift and inspire us to be better missionaries. It was such a blessing to me personally. As we met with him as a mission council, he wanted to discuss how we felt that things were going in the mission generally. What we found that the general consensus was that we felt that our mission didn't have as much faith as we ought to have. "For, it is by faith that miracles are wrought." Moroni 7:37
We can't fill our potential without the help of the Lord, and we obtain his help through our acts of faith. I feel that at times in my mission, I have had a brighter hope and a better mindset about what is possible with the help of the Lord. I recognized extraordinary things that would happen around me every single day. The natural tendency is to forget the extraordinary things and I think that's happened to me over periods of time. I've made the decision that I don't want to just live my life in mediocrity, but I was to live by faith so that I can see great things happen. These past few days I've taken my challenge to share my testimony of the Savior with everyone that we have taught, and every time we had a powerful experience. We would sing the hymn "More Holiness Give Me," and share our testimonies of the atonement. That brought a powerful spirit into our lessons, and helped people to be more willing to act on the invitations we extended.
We visited the home of one of the members who turned out to not be home, and there was a pamphlet from the Jehovah's Witnesses stuck in the door, meaning the building had been tracted recently. My mind immediately came up with the excuse that we didn't need to knock the other doors because they had probably just been knocked that morning, but I noticed across the hall that there were flip flops leaning up against wall. Elder Peterson joked that it was probably a Filipino's home, and I thought that was probably true. I decided that we would at least try that door because I love talking to Filipinos. They were home! And happy to talk with us, we'll hopefully have an opportunity to teach their family. The Lord will give us opportunities to be a part of amazing things, we just need to have the faith to do what we're prompted to do.
I am so excited for Elder AJ Lim to begin his mission! I know his life will be full of miracles. I think we should all use this special time to rededicate ourselves to the Lord and seek His will so that we can be a part of the great history in our Heavenly Father's plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment